About this Role
SeaWorld San Diego has exciting opportunities for vocalists with great energy and stage presence who can demonstrate technical proficiency in a variety of styles including pop, rock and musical theatre. Capacity to hear/sing harmonies is a must. Sight reading skills are not required but are preferred. Vocalists perform in multiple high-energy shows per day to connect with our guests and create memories that last a lifetime.
- Opportunities are available during the Christmas season (November - December).
- Day & evening shifts are available, depending on the show.
- Female Vocalists
- We are seeking female vocalists who have a strong belt and/or strong mixed voice that feel comfortable singing in these ranges. Females should be able to sing comfortably in mezzo-soprano to soprano ranges and sing with ease several notes in a high register such as D to F above high C.
- Male Vocalists
- We are seeking male vocalists who have a strong chest and/or head voice that feel comfortable singing in these ranges several times a day. A strong falsetto is a plus, but not a requirement. Males should be able to sing comfortably in mid to high tenor ranges and sing notes with ease such as G to B above middle C.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of the audition.
Starting Hourly Rehearsal Pay Rate: $18.00
Starting Hourly Performance Pay Rate: $25.00
Prepare for the Audition
- Prepare two separate vocal selections, an up tempo and a ballad. Pick the best 16 bars of each. Remember that we're not just looking for good vocalists. We need singers who can really tell a story. Do your very best to know the story behind the words you're singing and convey that in your audition.
- We'll provide an accompanist for all vocal auditions unless otherwise noted. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Singing to a recorded track (CD, tape, etc.) is not permitted.
- In addition to your prepared pieces, we may ask you to learn additional music or a movement combination.
- Auditioning can be a lengthy process; you may be asked to stay for a callback.
- Prepare a resume and headshot, which will be retained by the audition team.
Click here to view our Upcoming Auditions